Monday, January 4, 2010

2010: Please Bring Me Happiness

I wasn't going to write a summary of my 2009. Overall it was pretty bad. But honestly, a lot of good things happened this year, and I would be remiss to not mention the good. I've found that focusing on the positive is something not a lot of my friends and family do, and I want to stop the bad habit with me. I've done pretty well these past couple of years turning my attitude about life and myself around.

This year, I took two Conrad Fink classes and managed to score A's in each. I got A's on 5 out of 6 term papers for this man, and I've finished my Fink "requirement." I feel lucky to have met, spoke with, and learned from this expert of a man.

Also this year, I've realized that my writing is my "thing." It's what I do best and what I need to use, not just for myself but for others. I've realized that my passion is to inspire others with God's message through my writing. I want to change people's lives, or at least the way they think about things.

I have also changed the way I think about things too. Or rather, my experiences have. I used to be so judgmental about those who do not do things the way I do. I can't completely escape my prejudices, but I have made room in my heart for those behaviors and people I don't understand. Who am I to judge? Am I without sin? How could I know what it is like for them if I am not in their shoes? I feel that throwing "dirty labels" onto someone is not Christlike and prevents me from helping or loving them like I should. I thank God for opening my eyes so that in the future I'll be able to help rather than hurt.

Instead of giving up at the first sign of failure, I've learned to work harder. At one point this year, I felt like I was worthless because I did not get recognized for my hard work. In fact, I was told my work "killed" me. I was out of commission for a few days, constantly thinking about my failure and when the time came around again to prove myself worthy of recognition, I hit it out of the park. When it seems I am not good enough, I must push past it and prove that it's not true.

Lastly, I've learned that family is not just those who you are related to. Family is those you love and care about, regardless of where they live, what their last name is, and what they do for a living. Family extends beyond blood and relation. I've found that my family extends beyond these things. My family makes my life richer in every way.

I hope 2010 is a good year. I hope that more happy events happen and God guides me in the right direction. I wish this for all of you who read this. May God bless you and keep you in 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment