Friday, July 31, 2009

Bob Dylan Concert

Last night, my mom and I traveled to Alpharetta, Georgia to see Bob Dylan, my mom's favorite singer. My mom is in love with him as an artist. We all know Bob's voice is gruff and, frankly, kind of sucks. But if you listen to his lyrics, they are quite clever. My mom loves his 'religious phase" he went through in the 80s..? After listening to hundreds of his songs over a 6 month period, I'd have to say that the religious ones are my favorite too. He took such crap for singing them too.

With that said, we traveled to the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater. Also there was Willie Nelson and John "Cougar" Mellencamp. All acts were great.

Willie Nelson

Photobucket

Mom said Willie hasn't changed in 40 years. His voice hasn't faded, his hair is still in long braids, and his arms still hang around his guitar in the same fashion. He put on a good show. Country is not my thing, but I enjoyed hearing his music.

Photobucket

John "Cougar" Mellencamp

I got one short video during the group's performance. I thought these two were adorable. I wish to someday dance with my husband like this at a concert. So funny.



I didn't get any pictures for his act because drama unfolded. Firstly, the sky threatened us with a downpour.



Many people had to get soaked because they had the lawn seats behind us. Luckily, we were covered by the huge overhang.

Then, to make matters more stressful, this skinny girl in a blue t-shirt would not sit down. It's ok to stand up during a song and dance and what not, especially when everyone else is doing it...but this girl refused to sit down even when everyone else was seated. She was sitting in the front row, blocking about 40 people, at least, behind her ass. Her boyfriend was standing too, but he eventually sat down because people were complaining. One of the security officers tried to get her to sit down and mentioned that the people behind her could not see. At this news, she lifted her slender arm and flicked us all off. Everyone was angry. She stood and sipped her 4th beer while all of us sat looking at her dancing ass. After about 20 more minutes of missing Mellencamp's performance, the security (with the help of her pleading boyfriend) dragged her down to the lower level out of everyone's sight. But before she left, she turned around and flicked us all off once again. Everyone cheered as she walked down the stairs. Hurrah.

Bob Dylan

He was good. His voice was hard to decode. I didn't neccessarily enjoy the singing, but I enjoyed his enthusiasm and the great live music. I was pretty relaxed. My mom made me go take a few pictures down on the lower level, until I nearly got in trouble. After that I reclined and listened. It was nice. Meanwhile, my mom was making "bathroom" trips down the the lower level. She got thrown out 3 times. Oh mom.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I made this quick video for my mom as a memento. It's not good but it serves its purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment