Thursday, August 13, 2009

Heart v. Head

I'm not going to make a long post. I just wanted to say that my mind and my heart are always at opposites. My mind, usually logical, knows what I need to do - what I should do. My heart ignores the important warnings and goes ahead and wants things it cannot and should not have. When these two collide, it's a major disaster stirring in my body. It's like the scene in Sleeping Beauty where the pink fairy and the blue fairy have a fight with their colors. Pink and blue clash together, one pushing the other back; blue overtaking the pink then quickly the pink overtaking the blue until they explode all over the house making a horrific mess. Then I'm left trying to sort out which color belongs where.

No one expects the pain of realizing you've just made a complete mess of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment