Monday, August 17, 2009

First Day of School

As expected, my first day back to UGA grew butterflies in my stomach and doubt in my mind. As I am getting closer to my graduation date, my classes are getting harder and more demanding.

Luckily, my first class I had today did not seem like it would end my social life (if I have one). There will be a lot of reading as it is Intro to Fiction. We will be studying what comprises fiction and why stories are the way they are. I am really looking forward to reading the different stories we'll be assigned and getting to know the art of fiction better. I have another English class which will be purely fiction from 1890 and up. That will be good too. Lots of reading though.

Once I got that class over with, I felt a little better. I actually know a girl in that class. We met last Friday at a Pancake party. She's super nice, so hopefully I can sit next to her next time. She introduced me to her friend who also knows my roommate and her best friend. Connections. :]

With everything going well, I headed to the dreaded Mr. Fink. Top journalist, AP. My butterflies started churning on the walk there; it felt like someone had lit them all on fire and they were dying a hot, flamey death.

I was surprised to see that most of the students in my Publication management class were female. A little disappointed too. But anyway... when I sat down it felt like I had never left for a whole summer. There he was in all of his glory -- full bushy eyebrows and balding head, Mr. Fink was in tip-top shape. What had happened last year, came back to haunt me. When I introduced myself to the class, he caught me and told me to speak up again. I might've died a little inside. As I tried to raise my voice and continue, he kept speaking so I was interrupted a few times. I pretty much gave up and told him what I plan on doing after I graduate, quickly. My eyes got watery a few minutes later because, again, I had done what I always do. Always the quiet one. But enough about that. He will know my awesomeness through my work.

After school, Jenna and I went kickboxing. It is "free fitness class" week at Ramsey and so we tried it. I was very unsure about it because I had never tried it before and I knew it would be rigorous. I was right, it was. But it was so much fun!! I was literally punching and kicking with ease but oh did it burn. I sweat a lot. I know that's gross, but you know you're getting a good work out when you do. It's a little expensive, but I'm going to work hard to pay for it.

On Wednesday, UGA is hosting a part-time job fair. I am going to go to it and seek a job. If I don't find anything, I will apply at Target and hopefully work about 3-4 days a week, mostly mornings I hope. I need money!!

I guess I got everything off my chest that I wanted to, so now I'm going to do some reading. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment